Thursday, June 16, 2011

picture as proof

and here it is...

Can you believe it?!? i love my car, more than i ever thought i could love something inanimate. i feel like a new person. i think i even like it here now. i have had my car for almost 3 weeks and i cant tell you the difference it has made for my mood/morale. i feel like an adult again.

That lovely dog you ask... he is soon to be ours - Jackson. and this time it is a good pick. he is 7 years old and has lived with one family (who have young kids) since he was a pup. they are leaving post and cannot take him so we get to keep him.  he is the sweetest, best dog ever. Otto and he bonded almost immediately. He sleeps in Otto's room every night.
I have been much busier running around and catching up for lost time now that i have my car.  Otto finished his school year and we were getting everything in order to ship him home for the summer with his dad - via Paris.  havent had much time to write.

my internet was also down for almost a week because of one of the big storms we had here. The storms here are great, the lightning so close it seems it will touch you if you are not careful.  the wind can get very gusty - i was riding my bike home week before last when a storm rolled in, and i could hardly stay upright on my bike (i passed a lady on a scooter who had fallen over).

I was in Paris this past weekend for about 4 full days (2 of which Otto was with me). more about that in the next entry.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on both counts. I bet it is nice to have more freedom!

    ReplyDelete