Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vegetarian's heaven on earth

I guess i should spend more time talking about the things i love here.  the produce is to die for and so cheap. this is a snapshot of my Sunday market day purchases. About as organic as you can get. and the shopping in the local markets is an adventure in itself.
 Strawberries - in January!!! are you jealous yet. and they taste like the best, freshest strawberries you have ever tasted (every bit as good as those from Sauvie Island).


This is a corner of my kitchen. i am quite lucky as kitchens in Ouagadougou go. mine is very large, i have 2 sink areas (this one is where i do all my vegetable washing). it makes me want to cook - i could feed an army most of the time, but it is just Otto and I. soon i will have all my household stuff and will start having dinner parties.

2 comments:

  1. When I studied abroad in Niamey during college we took a 10-day trip to Burkina. I remember being amazed at some Italian restaurant in Ouagadougou. It was leaps and bounds better than anything we could get in Niamey; we ate there several times, if I recall correctly. =) Any idea what that would be? Anyway, glad you've got some good food options! Fresh fruit is key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a conversation with someone 30 minutes ago about how the availability and prices of fresh produce is on my priority list for bidding next time:)

    ReplyDelete