Sunday, November 27, 2011

One more thing...

I am so thankful for the biking in W Africa (well, Burkina Faso). A lot of W Africa is off limits. Stories this weekend of some Europeans kidnapped while on holidays to Timbuktu, Mali. We are so lucky here to be safe and free to explore.

And another. My Health! i was back on my bike today, 5 weeks after my big fall and broken collar bone. I am sore tonight, but it was a glorious ride. The bike gang watched after me and made sure we did a safe and easier ride today. But we got in 50km and it felt great (i was only a little slow). Then we had a bike group gathering tonight and i think everyone showed up with families (30 people!!). We watched "The Flying Scotsman" (a cycling movie of course) that one of our previous bike group members sent to us. It was a great true story.

now some more photos. life on the Niger River...




Otto and his friends being spazzy. but if you look beyond him, that is a termite mound.

No comments:

Post a Comment